Photo Credit: Nicole Galinson
Apryll Aileen is a pianist, guitarist, and singer-songwriter from Atlantic Canada. Her recent album, “Bad Things,” fuses alt-pop and electronic styles reminiscent of the 2000s: her vocal style influenced by Adele and Stevie Nicks, her cadence and performance art influenced by Madonna.
Trained as a classical musician from the age of five, Apryll works this foundation into pop music that is both sophisticated and catchy. Her lyrical storytelling and stage presence have made her a favourite at music festivals from Halifax to Los Angeles and London.
Apryll released “Bad Things” in October of this year, including a VIP performance at the Carleton in Halifax, Nova Scotia. She is a finalist for the Juno Wavemakers Tour and will be heading to Sweden in December to showcase at the VIVA Sounds Music Festival.
Sync Credits: The Family Channel, BBC Worldwide, Netflix & “Butterflies” short film by Emmy Award-winning Director Cayman Grant.
HONOURS, AWARDS & SHOWCASES
– Women in Music Canada & MNS Showcase at VIVA Sounds in Sweden, December 2023
– Finalist for the Juno Wavemakers Tour, November 2023
– Women in Music Canada Entrepreneur Accelerator Program, October – November 2023
– “Our Time” Single featured on Virgin Radio “We Out Here”, Halifax, August – September 2023
– Canadian Songwriting Conference (PEI), June 2023
– World Junior Hockey Championships showcase (Halifax), January 2023
– MONDO.NYC Showcase at The Bowery Electric in New York, NY, October 2022
– Canada Games performance in Niagara Falls, ON, Canada, August 2022