Photo Credit: Nicole Galinson
There are lots of people who sing but not everyone has a voice. Pop artist Apryll Aileen is a classically trained pianist, vocalist, and songwriter from Atlantic Canada.
Sultry vocals, captivating lyrics, and an alluring stage presence make Apryll a fan favourite at music festivals worldwide. Apryll Aileen transcends genres, creating her own undefinable sound with influences coming from pop, electronic, folk, and R&B. She doesn’t imitate – she creates.
It’s been said, she’s a hybrid of two polarities, blending melodic songwriting and vocal tones from artists such as Miley Cyrus and Adele but with the storytelling edge of Stevie Nicks.
Performing in London, Hollywood, New York, Toronto, and more, Aileen is no stranger to the music world. Her band in Los Angeles includes Toshi Yanagi and Jimmy Earl (players for Jimmy Kimmel Live!).
After a successful summer tour, playing at the Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto, the Carleton in Halifax and headlining the stage for the province of New Brunswick at the 2022 Canada Games in Niagara Falls, Aileen is preparing for the upcoming release of her album “Bad Things”.
HONOURS, AWARDS & SHOWCASES
– World Junior Hockey Championships (Halifax), 2023
– MONDO.NYC Showcase at The Bowery Electric in New York, NY, October 2022
– Canada Games Headliner for the province of NB in Niagara Falls, ON, Canada, August 2022
– ECMA Showcases – Two For the Show Export Stage and Pop Showcase, May 2022
– Area 506 Festival with Grammy Nominated Measha Brueggergosman, August 2021
– KIRA (Kingsbrae International Residency for the Arts), September 2021
– Canadian Music Week, East Coast Music Awards & Music New Brunswick Showcases, 2021
– IMSTA FEST Songwriting Competition (Los Angeles), 2018
– Bell Media Scholarship for Canada’s Music Incubator (Toronto), 2017
– YWCA Arts, Culture & Design Award, 2017
Credits: The Family Channel, BBC Worldwide, Netflix, “Butterflies” short film in 2014 by Emmy®
Award-Winning Director Cayman Grant.